Deanbychkowsky

2012 safe settings/trans tuning

Hi, I have a 2012 6.7ho with a 68rfe and I am very interested in getting myself a smarty touch, I like the idea of emissions intact tuning, and you guys seem to be the best from what I hear. Anyway I was just wondering what kind of power levels and timing setting I can safely run without jeopardizing my head gasket or trans to much. My truck rarely does any heavy towing or gets abused. 95% of my miles are just commuting to work and I am looking for milage gains and a cleaner running engine. Do any of the tunes for my truck cause the egr to be less aggressive? What options do I have to play with other than power and timing? Can I adjust tq management or the vgt at all on a 2012? Also it looks like you just released trans tuning? Any info you could give me would be appreciated, thanks in advance

Hi Dean,

This newest version includes the new adjustable parameters and the On the fly feature for the MY2010-2012 trucks. http://smartyresource.com/smartytouch-3.aspx

Parameters are: Duration, Rail pressure, Timing, Torque, Transmission (only for 68RFE) and Variable geometry turbo.

On my otherwise stock, 6.7 truck I like to use the highest setting, SW 9 and use "greatest" timing for an efficient daily driver and empty tune. Of course I use my pedal pressure sparingly. However, I know my own style of driving with this truck and am not worried about stressing it. Your results may vary.

I like using SW 5 for towing with this truck. Again I know my driving style so I can not recommend my personal choices to others. We normally recommend SW 3 for a stock auto.

Trans tuning guides will be published.

As to changing anything with the EGR, we leave that intact.

Thank you!

Does your "otherwise stock" truck have head studs? And I realize that the egr stays intact and all of your tuners are no longer delete capable, the question about the egr was: Do the tunes on the smarty cause the egr to be less aggressive, as in is less egr or more egr usage to keep the emissions in check with these tunes. I applaud the R&D that is going into these products to make the cummins powered Rams a better all around truck, but if the power and economy gained with this tuner is just going to pump more soot into my engine, that is something I would like to know when I weigh the pros and cons of each tuner I look at. Thank you in advance for your reply on these two questions Brian