Brian

Smarty Trans Tuning and More

Good afternoon!

We've published a new release for the Smarty Touch:

A milestone : FREE complete 68Rfe transmission tuning.

This update addresses the 2010 to 2016 trucks.

Complete means:

1) Raised line pressure in all Forward gears AND during the shifts.

2) Increased shift firmness for less slip in the clutches.

3) Changed shift points at WOT in all gears @ 3000 RPM.

4) 6th gear unlock and downshift to avoid the massive torque and make the transmission last longer.

In addition to the transmission tuning a few other things are changing also.

1) Revised timing for less combustion noise.

2) Revised rail pressure. The actual rail pressure follows now more precisely the desired rail pressure.

This becomes most noticeable under WOT and / or with aftermarket injectors.

3) Several DTC codes have been addressed.

4) A few things have changed in the Touch's menus.

5) For customer care : a new firmware which now writes a .txt file onto the SD card with all the information's about:

Tuning settings / OTF settings / Firmware version / Tuning software version / Bat voltage and the like.

Read that file from the SD card and send it to us. It will help us tremendously helping you, our valued customers

You will find this free update here:

http://smartyresource.net/forum/showthread.php?950-Trans-Tuning-and-more-Smarty-Touch-Update-12-4-15&p=4712#post4712

Also if you have an 11 or 12 C&C and are interested in being a beta test please let me know!

Thank you!

Brian

This update is for the 2010 thru 2016 at the present time Rob.

Thank you!

What about trans PID's for 04.5 dodge. Why are we working on trans tuning for the newer trucks when you cant even add trans PIDs for the 04.5 dodge. I think I am going to go back to my Banks tuner.

What about trans PID's for 04.5 dodge. Why are we working on trans tuning for the newer trucks when you cant even add trans PIDs for the 04.5 dodge. I think I am going to go back to my Banks tuner.

Mostly empty promises for those of us with the older trucks.... trans pid's were listed for 04.5 when i purchased my smarty, they removed them from the list and i was offered my money back, i decided to keep it based on the promise that they were "coming soon". that was many months ago, and the answer is always the same... "were working on that now" IMO they just say what you want to hear, then continue to ignore it. I do like the product, i don't like being lied to!

You are correct I don't understand how they have trans pid's for the older trucks and the newer trucks and not for the 04.5 and 05. And then you have guys that have stated they get trans PID's for the 05 and then others don't. I like the product as well but sounds like they aren't working on it or they would already have it.

I think it's the same as EFI Live, they finally came out and said "it's not worth our time" for the SCI based trucks. The money was in the newer trucks. I hope we aren't being strung along, but I have had the comm mod sitting on my shelf since early summer... And I have to say at this point that there are only very vague answers given when the smarty guys are asked about something. I would greatly enjoy a bit more detail from Brian on where the production stands and what they are working on.

I'm looking forward to the day I get to plug my comm mod in, but I too am getting a bit discouraged. Throw us a bone....

Edited by sfpcservice

Good evening Gents!

Just so you are reminded, we are for certain working on the SCI trucks and the VP trucks as well. That won't change. When one project is completed the next is worked on. We are not taking breaks and sitting on our thumbs.

It takes time to get these things done, then tested, and ready for the end user. I know you want a date from me to pencil in on your calendar but at this time I am unable to tell you the release dates for each product. I am waiting excitedly as well and I also have a preference to what year models are completed first.

I can tell you that when I know, You'll know. :cheers:

Well I know smarty probably has a priority list they are working down, but if they did the vp and Sci trucks, smarty would be the only game in town for those since efi live gave up...

We care about All years of electronically controlled Dodge Cummins trucks. We want to be able to offer the best to all of our customers.

Thank you!

Hey Brian, trying to update. copied file on SD put back in touch smarty says it's already up to date??...unplugged obd does nothing

Hey Brian, trying to update. copied file on SD put back in touch smarty says it's already up to date??...unplugged obd does nothing

Good morning!

There are two ways to apply the update to the Smarty. The first is to unplug the

Micro-USB connector on the back of the monitor (after the Micro SD card has

been inserted), and plug it back in. The Smarty should then show it is working

on the update, as shown in the update guide.

The other way to do this would be to navigate to “Config Tools”

Once you are in this menu, select “Firmware Update”

The Smarty will guide you through the rest! You should only need this if

the automatic update does not work.