FOOTMAN

Revo vs tnt

SO......My trans guys says NOT to run the TNT as it will burn up my built trans???? My trans is pretty much the equiv to an ATS trans guy that built it says good for bout 800 hp and that I will never break it!! So since adding the Smarty tuner I have upgraded the turbo to HX S40 50 over injectors HTT manni free flow EX with cat intact banks interkooler and horn with Banks air box!!

I know the TNT has way more HP but he says that it will eat even the best trans?? I would like to have a bit of perspective on this?? any one have any events or info to say either way?? I loved the TNT great power awesome fuel ECO lotsa smoke but overall good

I have since switched back to the REVO tune on #7 as per his advice as I dont really want to spend another 7500 on a trans!!!!!

I would like to hear all sides of this to understand better what differences every one has seen or experienced

Darren

I sure would think your built trans would hold with what you have on TNT-r. Of course driving habits and load comes into play. If it is actually built for 800 horse you should be good for a safety margin. I would assume you have the billit input? Triple?

If any worries one can lower the TQ setting so the power comes on more linear which will help the trans.

I sure would think your built trans would hold with what you have on TNT-r. Of course driving habits and load comes into play. If it is actually built for 800 horse you should be good for a safety margin. I would assume you have the billit input? Triple?

If any worries one can lower the TQ setting so the power comes on more linear which will help the trans.

Yes billet input and output as well as triple!! I ran this for 6 months with no issues sorry had to adjust the 2nd gear band as it was loose he initially thought that 2nd gear bands were gone but still advised to go to the Revo tune!!

I will run this for now until I can figure out whats what!!

D