Brian

PRO UDC RT Release

The time is here. Today we are releasing the software for your PRO UDC Real Time.

http://smartyresource.com/Smarty_udc_pro.aspx

This is a beta release. Why? Because we are still releasing a final update which offers a few desired features you will like. For example, scripted comparison between file and copying between files, improved data logging and a few other desired features.

The software and the Real Time features are functional and can be used on the '10 thru '16 (at this time) trucks with great results. For your Smarty Touch with ComMod, You will need to load the new firmware and grab the dongle for the UDC Pro and You will be good to go.

Enjoy!

:thumbsup:

I can install it on my XP machine, but when I click on the shortcut to open the program after installation nothing happens.

Works on our end Rob!

Smarty UDC Pro RT Version 0.0.0.1 * Compatible with: XP 32bit, Vista, Windows 7, 8, and 10 (both 32 and 64 bit)

We will need the Pro dongle.

Brian,

I was led to believe the original dongle would work...

How much is the Pro dongle?

Will there be any kind of basic dongle buyback or credit towards the pro dongle for those of us who are wanting to upgrade and are willing to send in our original dongle?

Good evening Rob!

Bob mentioned that if your dongle is still a virgin he would take it in on a PRO UDC dongle. :thumbsup:

I'm not really happy about this. Had Pro been an option when I bought the dongle, then I would have gone pro. Now I feel like we are getting jammed for the cost of both. When I called and spoke to Dylan, it sounded to me like if you already had UDC, you would be good to go for Pro. I think there needs to be a bone tossed to the guys who have already bought into the UDC platform and were waiting all this time for the Pro version.

Kinda sucks to think we will have wasted +-$250 on a main dongle. Its too light to even make a good paperweight. Hopefully there is some sort of credit. Mine is not a virgin but was only purchased a few months ago. I was waiting for news on Pro but got tired watching my truck mods underperform with the standard tunes. Figures it would happen just after I decide to bite the bullet.:doh:

Edited by jadlmark

I'm not really happy about this. Had Pro been an option when I bought the dongle, then I would have gone pro. Now I feel like we are getting jammed for the cost of both. When I called and spoke to Dylan, it sounded to me like if you already had UDC, you would be good to go for Pro. I think there needs to be a bone tossed to the guys who have already bought into the UDC platform and were waiting all this time for the Pro version.

Bob's bone toss offer to do that for you is awesome Rob. :thumbsup:

Hit Bob up and he will fix ya up.

:cheers:

Yes Sir Rob! If it is not a virgin it is locked to your truck and unusable on any other. If it is a virgin, send it to Bob!

Thank you!

Confused .. Are we talking VIN Dongle or Main Dongle. I didn't think the Main Dongle was locked to any specific VIN. I'm under the impression we will need a new UDC PRO Main Dongle.....???

Kinda sucks to think we will have wasted +-$250 on a main dongle. Its too light to even make a good paperweight. Hopefully there is some sort of credit. Mine is not a virgin but was only purchased a few months ago. I was waiting for news on Pro but got tired watching my truck mods underperform with the standard tunes. Figures it would happen just after I decide to bite the bullet.:doh:

The direction one would need to think is that we have 3 years invested in the UDC Pro project which is the brand new product. This is a lot of time and expense put in to develop this. This was not quick and easy. The original UDC version performed good and delivered as advertised. A very successful program if used right! This UDC Pro is not the same product so a dongle specific to the Pro is needed. The original UDC dongle still works for those using that version. Unlocked? A vendor for Smarty did offer a forum member a deal. :thumbsup:

Confused .. Are we talking VIN Dongle or Main Dongle. I didn't think the Main Dongle was locked to any specific VIN. I'm under the impression we will need a new UDC PRO Main Dongle.....???

The main dongle includes a VIN with it. All a tuner/owner needs.

For ADDITIONAL trucks you need another vin dongle. You can still use the main dongle to tune on a different truck even when locked.

Remote should be 1 main + 1 vin. Vin would be at the remote tuners location. So the dealer only ever needs 1 main then +1 vin for each customer. With a touch, the customer can just load files onto the SD.

If you have a main that was used to already tune a truck, it is locked to that trucks vin.

Thank you!

I remember seeing the "includes 1 VIN# license" now. For some reason I was thinking the main never locked. I guess I now need to figure out how to forget the horrible decision to buy a main dongle a couple months ago and pony up for another one before even getting a chance to really use the one I just got. Standard UDC will be pretty much pointless after this.

Nice 1/4k donation to you guys though!!:cheers:

So when can we expect these to hit the shelves?

They should be hitting their destinations in the states before too long.

Thank you!

Brian

Is there still an announcement forthcoming about their expected timetable for the different generations? I imagine when they do get to the SCI trucks, the transmission tuning might be looked at...

As far as a date being set in stone on the earlier trucks, Let me just say soon. Things are now accelerating more rapidly.

If I am able to announce any timetable you can bet I will. I watch my emails and listen to my phone anxiously. :thumbsup: