ArNy64

throttle response issue

so i have a 01 auto (stock turbo(hy35),stock injectors) that had its trans built went to a 1400 stall speed. problem i get is a almost dead pedal i will try my best to explain it, when i try to accelerate fast in any gear at LOW RPMS there isnt any response i press the pedal then count 1...2... ,sort of like the motor is catching up then it will start to be more responsive. then as i let off the pedal it tries going faster and now the pedal feels more like it is control. Now the lower i put the TQ the less it has this feeling and TQ on stock i dont feel it.Or putting it back to stock calibration no issue exists. So could it be the lower stall is causing this because the stock injectors cant flow enough fuel to get air moving from the turbo? or could i have maybe a lift pump issue such as air in lines or a leak?I have no smoke or high egt issues on any level or configuration.

good afternoon! Indeed I would monitor LP pressure.

Please check codes and see what you have!

Thank you!

sorry forgot to say i can monitor my LP 15psi idle 13ish WOT gauge doesnt drop when this happens stays 15psi, no codes.

I have experienced different trucks in the past where after a trans rebuild the customer noticed a lag taking off. Could be a factor.

Finally dug back into this problem,solved it only took more than a year lol.Adjusting the trans throttle cable pushing it towards the firewall allowing the throttle valve to open sooner got rid of it.So iam running 2 extra clutches in the front clutch,and 2 extra in the OD housing maybe those two clutches and low stall and high amount of pressure ie(TV cable) on the clutches is just causing a big load acceptance on the motor.It was most noticable more when i would go atleast 50% apps and the slower the vehicle was moving.Still like the power it pushes with the cable pushed in,pain if you just floor it but once it catches up it just goes.If you dont like the jerky feeling (more noticable with high TQ) with a slight amount of throttle pull the cable out.I think BD said the shift points are changed 75rpm +/- for every 1/8th inch the cable is moved just mark your original place and your good to go.